Specialization in Implantology (MEC/CFO)
Approved by the Brazilian Education Ministry (MEC) and the Federal Council of Dentistry (CFO). CFO order No. 590/2006
This course aims to prepare the surgeon dentist to realize de speciality of implantology working out the diverse situations of modern implantology, with emphasis on preparing the student to the surgical clinic and clinic of prostheses, providing knowledge based on scientific and technical concepts. Transmit competence to obtain a correct diagnosis, to establish a treatment plan and to use a variety of surgical techniques that allow after tissue repairing (osseointegration) the rehabilitation appropriated to each patient, restoring the function and aesthetics.
- Expert in Implantology, by the Faculty of Pindamonhangaba;
- Recognized by Brazilian Education Ministry;
- Recognized by Brazilian Federal Council of Dentistry.
Luís Otavio Palhari, MSc
- Expert in Implantology;
- Masters in Implantology.
Professors of Specific Subjects
- Luís Otávio Palhari, MSc.
- Marcelo Gallo, MSc.
Summary of program content
- History of Implantology;
- Concepts of Osseointegration;
- Implantodontic Planning;
- Implantodontic Surgical Technique;
- Models of implants and their applications;
- Techniques of bone grafting;
- Advanced surgeries;
- Immediate loading;
- Cosmetic surgery for Implantology of connective tissue;
- Concepts and Planning of Prostheses on Implants;
- Types of impression and their components;
- Occlusion in Implantology;
- RTG and ROG;
- PRP - Plasma rich in platelets;
- Bone Reconstruction Intra and Extra Oral;
- Orthodontic Implants;
- Periimplantits and their treatments;
- 19 monthly modules of 03 days each in London-England, or Porto-Portugal;
- 01 module of 04 days at the University of Paris;
- 03 modules of 06 days at the Faculty of Pindamonhangaba-Brazil;
- 01 module of 12 days at the Faculty of Pindamonhangaba - Brazil.
Total of 24 modules
Number of Hours
- 19 modules of 24 hours each month - Total of 456 hours - London - England or Porto, Portugal;
- 04 modules in Brazil - 300 hours;
- 01 Module in Paris - 030 hours;
- Distance learning - 120 hours;
- Guided studies (literature review, work, seminars, articles, and Poster and Monograph) - 94 hours.
Total of 1,000 hours
- Vacancies: 12;
- Criteria for Selection: Curriculum Review and Interview;
- Frequency: Monthly;
- Duration: 25 months.
Coordinator: Luís Otávio Palhari, MSc.
Claudemir de Carvalho, Dr. - Coordination of Research, Post Graduation and Extension
Phone: (+55 12) 3648-8323 - Ext.: 227
Office hours: 07:30 am to 12:00 pm and 01:00 pm to 04:00 pm (Brazilian Time Zone: UTC -03:00)